This Multidisciplinary Functional Restoration program targets the episodic occurrence of moderate to severe soft tissue injuries and musculoskeletal disorders. The Academy consists of methods and principles that are compliant with the approval guidelines of treatment as set forth by the American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine (ACOEM).
- An underlying physical problem generates symptoms that cause pain,
- The individual does not associate the symptomatic pain with an underlying problem,
- Symptomatic treatment may improve the pain, but leaves the underlying problem unaltered,
- The underlying problem grows worse and unnoticed because the symptoms may subside, and
- The individual loses whatever opportunity they had to identify and solve the underlying problem.
Every element of the individual’s condition is given extensive consideration from a structural, mechanical, and psychosocial perspective relating to the pain that has become the major contributor to impaired functioning. Throughout the Back Academy® each participant is provided with the knowledge (what to do) and the skills (how to do it) necessary to prevent and relieve symptomatic pain, restore normal function, and improve overall levels of fitness.
Functional Restoration provides proven results that allows each participant the greatest opportunity to identify and solve the underlying problem associated with musculoskeletal disorders, and create a more productive and enjoyable occupational and personal quality of life.
“The Academy program has produced positive results for me, which have been nothing short of life changing.”
-Lee W. Collins, Executive Vice President, Bragg & Associates, Inc.
“Hats off to the entire Fitness Academy TEAM for this outstanding program. You do take it home and integrate into your life so it benefits others. You all are super to work with.”
-Nancy Moorhouse, Vice President/Safety Director, Teichert Incorporated
- Teichert Incorporated
- Professional Dynamics Inc.
- Schools Insurance Group
- Holt of California
- Sacramento Regional Transit
- Sac Metro Fire
- Sacramento Sheriff’s Department
- City of Citrus Heights
- County of Sacramento
- City of Folsom
- County of Sonoma
- City of Auburn
- Gregory B. Bragg & Associates
- Public Agency Risk Sharing Authority of California (PARSAC)
Back Academy Locations
- W. SACRAMENTO
- SACRAMENTO (NATOMAS)
- SANTA ROSA
- SANTA ROSA
- S. LAKE TAHOE
Workplace Wellness programs are designed to assist and support employees in establishing healthier lifestyles and to deliver the strategic outcomes necessary for creating a cost offset for the employer.
The various Workplace Wellness programs include:
Congratulations for taking “The Fitness Challenge” – This is an ideal way for a company to begin a Workplace Wellness program. By implementing a Fitness Challenge you’ve taken the first step toward leading your company to a healthier lifestyle. We hope you will find the Fitness Challenge to be a simple, fun way for your employee to exercise at home or at work. The costs to organize this event are minimal as you and your employees exercise your way to improved health and well-being.
Awareness & Educational Programs – At this level a company makes health information available and accessible to employees. This type of program can include health education seminars, health information pamphlets, health articles in newsletters, bulletin board displays, healthy e-mail messages, etc. Additionally, most health fairs are designed as awareness & educational programs with vendors providing information and health screenings to employees. These programs are inexpensive and do not require extensive employee or company time commitments.
Activity & Educational Programs – Along with the educational component as described above, this program combination would include a number of activity classes to the employees at the workplace. These program cost the company a little more than the awareness & educational programs; however, they are still inexpensive and do not require a great deal of time for planning or implementing.
Behavioral Modification Programs – These programs are designed as 4 to 6 month series which provide activities that will balance muscular strength & flexibility, cardiovascular conditioning, nutritional education, and opportunities to practice the desired knowledge & skills that will nurture the individual through the dynamics of the behavioral change model.
Behavior change programs require more company resources, cost more, and also require more employee commitment, time and effort. The results are often the desired positive lifestyle change, which can lead to potential cost savings.
Comprehensive Workplace Wellness Programming – These programs incorporate the complete management of every element within a comprehensive Workplace Wellness Program. This option normally requires a full time Workplace Wellness Program Director and a staff of Fitness Professionals to deliver all of the programming needs.
There are Seven Benchmarks as outline by Wellness Councils of America that must be considered in order to ensure the success of any Workplace Wellness program. These Benchmarks include:
- Capturing Senior Level Support
- Creating a Cohesive Wellness Committee
- Crafting an Operating Plan
- Choose Appropriate Interventions
- Creating a Supportive Environment
- Collecting Data
- Carefully Evaluate Outcomes
Programs and policies that promote healthy behaviors can make a difference on the employee’s health and have an impact on the company’s bottom line. Studies have shown that for every dollar invested by employers in Workplace Wellness programs, there were savings ranging from $1.49 to $4.91 with a median savings of $3.14 *US Department of Health & Human Services, 2003.
In business terms, that's more than a 3:1 minimum return on investment – a number that is hard to ignore, and a best practice that should warrant serious consideration from companies. In fact, a Workplace Wellness literature review posted in the Health Promotion Practitioner Journal found:
- 19 studies showed a 28.3% reduction in sick leave
- 16 studies demonstrated a 3:1 return on investment
- 23 studies showed a 26.1% reduction in medical costs
- 4 studies found a 30% reduction in direct medical and workers’ comp claims
There is little doubt that a comprehensive Workplace Wellness program targeted to meet a company’s specific goals and objectives can save money by reducing absenteeism, lowering healthcare expenditures, decreasing employee turnover, and increasing productivity.
Company Nurse Triage
An innovative Day of Injury Management Service where One Call really does provide you with Three Solutions!
- Medical Triage from RN’s
- Comprehensive Reporting
- Early Return to Work
The following information will help you envision how our affiliate Nurse can assist to significantly reduce your organization’s Total Cost of Risk resulting from workplace injuries.
- Day of Injury Services
- Nurse Triage Services -
- A comprehensive injury intake by a medical professional
- Data is delivered by fax, email and EDI
- Early return to work
Return to Work Program
We take a proactive approach to early return-to-work by identifying temporary transitional work assignments in advance of injury. These "Bridge Assignments" are then presented to the treating physician for approval upon the initial visit and progress with increased physical capacities. The return-to-work process is thus expedited, helping employers maintain and reduce comp costs even in the first year of implementation.
- Injured workers are back to work quickly, often within one day.
- Employers receive productivity for their money.
- Number of days lost to work-related injuries is reduced.
- Medical and workers' compensations costs are reduced.
- Recovery period is reduced and risk of re-injury is minimized.
- Fraud is discouraged.
- Assists in meeting requirements of ADA and FEHA.
Legal Photocopy Service
- Subpoena's prepared for Civil (Records Only, Trial, Personal Appearance) Workers' Compensation, Arbitration, and Federal
- Processing requests for records by authorization
- Notification of opposing counsel, parties or consumers
- Service of subpoena or authorizations
- Extensive database & research ability to locate witnesses
- Extensive and comprehensive follow-up
- Statuses sent by mail, e-mail or online
- All requests are quality controlled
- Declarations of no records are reviewed for compliance
Statewide Subpoena & Record & Document Services
We offer many other services that you will find just as reliable. The automated procedures and strategically located staff of field representatives, allow our team to produce your documents and complete orders in a timely manner. The automated status system will assure that you are notified of progression of your order.